Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Men Under The Influence...



Can I please wear this outfit? 

I came across these photos by Jon Uriarte, who photographed men in their girlfriends/wives/partners clothing. My first reaction was to giggle, but the photo series is (to me, at least) explaining modern relationships.  I told my boyfriend about the photo series, to which he replied, "No way am I putting on your shoes". Pssh. He should be so lucky. 


In his own words, Uriarte explains his photos:  
   "The men under the influence..."addresses the recent change in roles in heterosexual relationships from the relationships of our predecessors and how those changes have affected men in particular. the photos attempt to capture men's sense of loss reference, now that women have taken a step forward and have finally come into their own as equal partners. The project consists of full-lenght portraits of men wearing the clothes of their girlfriends or wifes, taken in the space shared by the couple. 



No comments:

Post a Comment